G.IN – RESIDENCY CALL
Are you an emerging performing arts artist or company? Are you looking for a space for reflection and experimentation in addition to rehearsal ? Enter the G.INCUBATOR!
For 4 weeks, between September 2021 and June 2022, the G.IN will shake up the classic residency framework to reflect on your project and the conditions for the emergence of scenic ideas. Whether it is in co-residency with another artist, in a writing residency in a partner venue and with the help of a dramaturge, in immersion into a neighbor’s home, in a workshop-creation with participating artists or in openness to the public, you will be led to choose the working formula(s) that will best question your project and its creative process, thanks to the encounters and the experimentation of spaces generated by this program.
Selection criteria :
- emerging artist/company/collective.
- the applicant must be resident in Belgium.
- research project or stage creation.
- interest in experimenting with performance formats, relationships with the public and relationships with space.
Selection process :
- Send a dossier presenting your stage project before 15 May 2021.
- Choose 1 or 2 residency formulas among the 5 proposed: co-residency, writing residency, neighbor’s residency, open residency and workshop-creation (so that your overall 4-week programme includes at least 2 weeks of residency with formula).
- The selection of artists will be announced at the end of June 2021.
Hosting arrangements :
- G.IN residencies are free of charge.
- Transport, meals or accommodation costs are not covered.